Graz Climate & Temperature
- Graz, Austria is at 46°59'N, 15°26'E, 340 m (1115 ft). See map.
- Graz has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Graz is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 8.3 degrees Celsius (46.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 23 °C (41.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 2.3°C (36.2°F) on average falling to -3.7°C (25.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 14.3°C (57.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 4.7°C (40.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24°C (75.2°F) and average low temperatures are 13.7°C (56.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 13.7°C (56.6°F) during the day and lows of 6°C (42.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 838 mm (33 inches) which is equivalent to 838 Litres/m² (20.55 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1903 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Graz you would come out nearest to the climate station at Castlepoint, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Graz Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Graz Climate Graph in Metric Units
Graz Climograph in English Units
Climate of Graz, Austria Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: